Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*****QUESTION*****From 31% utilization to 5%

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

*****QUESTION*****From 31% utilization to 5%

Ok, so i am SOOOOOOOOOO on the border of being approved for my mortgage. My credit utilization was 31% I paid it off to 5% and my loan officer is able to do a "rapid rescore"  My credit score is a 616 and I have 2 cc's. One has a 1250 limit and showed a balance of $468 and I have paid it down to $19. My other card has a limit of $350 and a balance of $16.  These are the only credit cards that I have.  The only other thing on my report that is open is 2 installment loans.  A car that I owe $24k and a student loan for 4k. Both of which I am making regular payments on.  So any thoughts on how much my score will raise??

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: *****QUESTION*****From 31% utilization to 5%

If util is listed as a top negative item on your FICO report, and if nothing else factors into util like a CC CO, HELOC, LOC, etc., then there's a chance of 20-30 or so I bet, maybe a little more. You might eeck out a few more points by getting one balance to report $0.

Message 2 of 5
scmami
Regular Contributor

Utilization was listed third on my report behind serious delinquency and number of accounts with a negative indicator (or something). I went from a 566to a 631 by paying down utilization from over 100% to 2%! 

Current FICOs (Sept 2015) EQ: 666 TU: 663
Message 3 of 5
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's a great increase, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 5
scmami
Regular Contributor

@Epcot, thanks! To the OP, the score simulator was always pretty accurate for me,if you are a SW member or recently purchased a report from here.

Current FICOs (Sept 2015) EQ: 666 TU: 663
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.