Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Closed accounts.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question Closed accounts.

Do Closed accounts affect your score? And if so how much if they have a balance?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Re: Question Closed accounts.

OC a/cs closed or open effect your score. What kind of an a/c is it? If its a CC, if its got a balance, it would be a negative effect as the CL would be zero.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's three collection accounts two from Express telephone, that I'm disputing they were opened in the same month and close one month later with different balances. The other is a utility bill. They have not be charged off. They show as closed as of 03/09 and 02/2009
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Maybe I am missing the point, but if none of these are open OC accounts, I dont see any consumer account that you can close.

If the account was placed into collection or charged off, the OC has already closed the account to your use.

A consumer cannot "close" a colllection or OC reporting account other than by reaching payment accord.  And that does not remove it from credit scoring.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.