Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about 6 months of reporting for score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about 6 months of reporting for score

I understand that you need an account with at least 6 months of reporting to get a score. TU and EQ aren't an issue since I have an old loan reporting so I have scores there. But the loan isn't reporting on EX. Will being an AU for 6 months create a score or does the account have to be in my name?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about 6 months of reporting for score

If the AU reports (which isn't a given), then it should be enough. even having a separate account that's your own.

EDIT: In fact, if you are added onto an account as an AU and that already has at least 6 months history, once it reports (again, assuming it does report) you would have that 6+ months of history, and it should be enough to get a score. At least, that's my understanding.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does report, and hubby opened it in September. If it reports on the first like it has been then that'll be 6 months. The first cc either of us have had since about 04. My secured Cap1 was opened in Nov/Dec.
Message 3 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I understand that you need an account with at least 6 months of reporting to get a score. TU and EQ aren't an issue since I have an old loan reporting so I have scores there. But the loan isn't reporting on EX. Will being an AU for 6 months create a score or does the account have to be in my name?

If your TU score is decent you could just go ahead and apply for a Barclays card; they always pull TU.

Easiest cards to get are Barclay Rewards and their Apple card.

My personal favorite Barclays card is the Ring card, but it's the hardest to get.

Capital One usually pulls 2 or 3 bureaus, so even if you have no score on EX, you should be able to get a Capital One card.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.