Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Date Updated on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Date Updated on credit report

Wow - first let me say this site (and it's contrinutors/moderators) are WONDERFUL!  I wish I would have discovered this sooner.

Ok, onto the question at hand.  I just pulled, as in yesterday, my TU credit report.  On each account listing it lists a "Date Updated" and then where the payment history is it will list however many months the account is being reported.  My question is....some of these accounts were last reported in 2005 and then the payment history says "last 46 months".  Shouldn't the "Date Updated" be a current date, as in at least June 2007?  If it should INDEED be a current date, wouldn't this change the "last 46 months" payment history to actually reflect the recent 46 months?  OR is the last 46 months of history only to reflect the last 46 months the account was active?  These accounts were closed in 2005 (paid off in 2005 and closed I should say). 

Your expertise would be extremely appreciated!  Thanks in advance for your time!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Date Updated on credit report

It depends. What if anything is reported as adverse on any of the accounts?

Message 2 of 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

creditpurgatory wrote:

My question is....some of these accounts were last reported in 2005 and then the payment history says "last 46 months".  Shouldn't the "Date Updated" be a current date, as in at least June 2007?  If it should INDEED be a current date, wouldn't this change the "last 46 months" payment history to actually reflect the recent 46 months?  OR is the last 46 months of history only to reflect the last 46 months the account was active?  These accounts were closed in 2005 (paid off in 2005 and closed I should say). 

I think they list the last couple of years of recorded payments on closed accounts.  So I have one showing the lat 2 years being July 1998 to June 2000  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

"It depends. What if anything is reported as adverse on any of the accounts?"

I have a couple of accounts with a couple 30 & 60 day late histories dating back from 2001 on one account and 2003 on another however the last reported activity on the account was 2005.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditpurgatory wrote:
"It depends. What if anything is reported as adverse on any of the accounts?"

I have a couple of accounts with a couple 30 & 60 day late histories dating back from 2001 on one account and 2003 on another however the last reported activity on the account was 2005.

On lates, the DOLA won't affect it. They drop after 7 years and are supposed to hurt much less over time. Any account with lates only, give GW a try. Results vary, but a lotta folks myself included have had success with it.

On the one with a DOLA from 2005, what are the other dates on it? Opened, closed, DOLP (Date Of Last Payment). And are the only negatives on it lates? If so then GW it.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.