Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about comments on the reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about comments on the reports

Good Evening All,

I have a question.  I'm trying to raise my score in preparation for a mortgage next summer. I have tradelines with comments that I wanted to know if I should get them removed

1. Account closed at consumer's request 

2. Consumer disputes after resolution 

3. Dispute resolved; consumer disagrees account closed by consumer 

4. Dispute investigation completed - consumer disagrees

5. Dispute resolved reported by grantor

I have been reading the Mortgage forum and they said that all dispute comments should be removed but I wanted to make sure these should be removed too. My scores are low 600s so I don't have any room for mistakes. 

Thanks for your help. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about comments on the reports

I've read that it's always recommended that dispute related comments should be removed prior to applying for a mortgage since they are a bad "look" generally speaking.  Others that are more knowledgeable I'm sure will chime in on this though.

Message 2 of 7
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

From what I understand, comments 2-5 should be removed. Comment #1 is inconsequential. 

Again, somebody with more mortgage related experience will offer more direction. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responding!!! I will call and have all of them removed. I had a few accounts that were compromised. I disputed them to get them removed but that didnt work and i paid for them and reiterated my thoughts hence the statements.

Thanks Again

HFM!

Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Dispute comments need to go as Desktop Underwriter won't give an automated approval in the mortgage process and will instead return refer, which is suboptimal from a consumer perspective to say the least.

There's no distinction in DU between a tradeline that's in dispute or ones that just have dispute comments, hence best policy is to just get rid of them.  Anything not related to disputes is inconsequential as was already posted.

        
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with Revelate..for my clients that did have dispute comments, the lenders/UW teams had my clients to write statements as to why the comment/account status was such. So far in my years of being a real estate agent, though I haven't seen a loan not go through as long as everything else was in line. I would defintely OP contact your intended mortgage lender/bank/broker and see what they say too.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for your responses. There are two builders in the community that I am looking at. I just want to get as perfect a file as possible before making my approach so I will have them removed to lessen the questions.

Thanks again to all who took the time to respond.

HFM

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.