Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about revolving credit utilization %

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Question about revolving credit utilization %

You should be OK with BofA. What you want to watch out for are the storefront places, which often have the word "finance" or "financial" in their names, like Wells Fargo Financial (my very own CFL Smiley Happy.)

I had so much else going on when my car loan hit that I can't isolate its effects out. concorduser got a whopping ding on his car loan sometime this winter, I think it was. But make some payments on it, and it seems to quickly lose its sting.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 05-21-2008 03:30 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with small fry.  Have you tried calling Wamu and telling them you would like to transfer a balance, but need a CLI.

You could ask to go to 8K and after the transfer, that would keep you about 50% util.  Shouldn't have any problems with that, and that may even help your score since your overall util would go down.  It's worth a try!
Message 12 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FICO plan vs Financial plan.
The major consideration is when you plan to apply for new credit.  Until then, your financial plan, as you have stated, is real money out of your pocket.  Your FICO plan is just a number until you need to to app for credit.
As for FICO, overall %util and indiv card %util count the same.
Message 13 of 14
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

The way I see it, OP has both a FICO and Finacial plan. They happen to running concurrently. OP needs to have FICO score straight for his/her financial plan to come to fruition in a pretty short period of time.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.