Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for an old account regarding AAoA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question for an old account regarding AAoA

Quick question,

I have an old account from 2003 that has remained in its same visa classic since that time, I inquired about upgrading the card and was told all history will transfer over and carry to the new account. I'm assuming moving it to a new account number will also in effect close this account number and put it in transfer status to the new account which will report the original date of account opening, will this help AAoA? And theoretically scores should jump? I'm assuming they'll still show my current account paid and closed and a new one as well mainly bc I've had issues in the past where card was stolen for shopping at certain places and they automatically closed and transferred my card with original date and history which they clearly stated in their correspondence.
2 REPLIES 2
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Re: Question for an old account regarding AAoA

@Anonymous wrote:
Quick question,

I have an old account from 2003 that has remained in its same visa classic since that time, I inquired about upgrading the card and was told all history will transfer over and carry to the new account. I'm assuming moving it to a new account number will also in effect close this account number and put it in transfer status to the new account which will report the original date of account opening, will this help AAoA? And theoretically scores should jump? I'm assuming they'll still show my current account paid and closed and a new one as well mainly bc I've had issues in the past where card was stolen for shopping at certain places and they automatically closed and transferred my card with original date and history which they clearly stated in their correspondence.

When I've done PC's, the account appears to just be modified, not closed and then reopened as another account with the same age. Not sure how other banks handle it, but this was how Citi and Discover did it when I PC'd cards.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question for an old account regarding AAoA

As the person above stated, a PC should only be shown as a single account on your credit reports.  You can inquire with them though to make sure.  I know there have been exceptions at times.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.