Did you mean: 

Question on AAoA

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Question on AAoA

concorduser wrote:

@llecs wrote:
Look in your FICO report. If AAoA is listed, it will say FICO high achievers have an AAoA of x years. I have the figure of 8 years in my head, but I don't have a report in front of me. The effects of AAoA would really depend on the bucket you are in.

I checked it says 6-12 years. I guess I have to wait 3 more years for that message to go away. Again in the mean time Fico might launch a different scoring scheme to keep up with the changing trends. I guess let us wait each year and see what it changes to. Thanks for your input.

There seems to be a compare-and-contrast between AAoA and longest history. For instance, in my case, my longest history is 19 years, and my AAoA is 4y 1m. I get hit for short history; I assume because those with a 19+ history shouldn't have such a young AAoA, which indicates a lot of recent seeking of credit. OTOH, my kids who have an AAoA similar to mine are getting +'s for age of credit, because their longest history is much shorter than mine, so it's not so odd to see a lot of new history.

About all that you can do at this point is hunker down and let everything age. Congrats, you've hit the point where I was last year, where all I could do was step back and let everything cook. It's like raising kids --sometimes they change every 4 hours, and sometimes it seems like they're stuck at their current stage for a year or 5. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 13
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Not sure if that is entirely true Hauling but who knows. According to Equifax I have a short account history. My oldest account on their reports is 8 years 11 months while my AAofA is 3 years 5 months. On EX and TU my oldest account is 13 years. I am being dinged for AAofA and it matches oldest reported account or seems so to me.
Message Edited by smallfry on 05-02-2009 06:38 AM
Message 12 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It all depends on the bucket you are in too. For example my AAoA of 2 yrs was being listed as a positive. The very next day I had pulled that report, my last late impacting my score fell off (90 day). So, I pulled again and my 2 yr AAoA was being listed as a negative.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.