Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on DW Scores

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Question on DW Scores

I finally got my DW pull her scores. TU - 768 / EQ 756. She has 3 / 30 days lates showing from about 1 1/2 years.Other than that every thing else is in the Very Good / Great Category.

I am trying to see if we can do GW and get these negatives out. What kind of score increase do we see if we are able to get those 3 / 30 days lates removed.

Second question. What are the chances of getting these lates GW'ed. One is from GEMB/OldNavy, second from GEMB/Lowes, third is HomeDepot/ Citi. How are these companies with GW?

Third question. She does not have any installment loans. Would it help adding an installment loan or would it damage the average age of her accounts and reduce the score?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Question on DW Scores

Hmmm... well, comparing the TU and EQ scores shows you right there how EQ regards lates. Picking a number out of the air, I'd guess 780's if the lates went away. That's because, as you know, the higher the initial scores, the harder it is to get dramatic upward changes.

Sorry, no info on the likelihood of GW.

As for the loan thing, I see no reason to rock the boat. She has great scores, just as they are, and the higher they are, the more damage that results from adding a new account. If she actually needed a loan for some reason, that would be different, but I sure wouldn't mess with things in the hopes that they would go even higher. (For what purpose?)

What does she get on screen 2 of her EQ and TU FICO score reports? (the positives and negatives) Those certainly aren't perfect feedback, but they can give you an idea as to how the scoring formulas regard the info on reports.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Question on DW Scores

Hi Hauling, thanks for your input. I am travelling, once i reach home this weekend, I'll double check the second page on the scores and see what it says. I remember there are 2 red items. Once for sure is about lates stating last happend at 1 year 4 months ago. I dont remember the other one. I'll check and get back to you.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.