Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Scoring for IIB vs. CO/paid

tag
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Question on Scoring for IIB vs. CO/paid

Is there a difference in scoring on accounts that are marked 'Paid was a Chargeoff' and the same account if it is marked IIB?

Have several accounts on TU not marked as IIB. I am trying to figure out if it is worth a continued battle to have these corrected. I've been searching and can't figure this out. Thank you for any advice.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question on Scoring for IIB vs. CO/paid

Generally both comments are scored the same. Both comments are considered major baddies. Have you tried GWing? I'd think it would be easier to GW a CO comment than a IIB comment.

Message 2 of 5
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Thank you for your answer. I haven't decided on a next step, i.e. GW.  If it doesn't effect my score one way or the other, I may just live with it. I don't want to mess with something if there won't be any gain, and take the chance I could end up with more goulash. I did just get a dismissed judgement removed from all 3, and I'm on round 3 with Barclay's reporting duplicate accounts (this one is turning into goulash, dates changing, removing the correct one and leaving the incorrect one, etc. I think they're playing with me now.)

So, I took on the 2 most obvious, should-be-sure-things, first. Everything bad except the PR BK will drop off 2016-17, and I can live with that, but if it's wrong and hurting me, I'll keep on it.  I've searched, read and asked everywhere about the scoring difference, and whether it can cause problems not showing IIB, and all I've really been able to find is something like "if an account is included it should show included or discharged in BK." If I ask "what are the effects if it doesn't," haven't had much helpful response.

So, thank you, that will help me decide what to do next, if anything.

Message 3 of 5
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

The accounts that were included in the BK should not be reported as a paid charge off. The difference between a charge off and the BK account is who is responsible ofr the debt. The included in BK  you are not responisble and the Charge off you are responsible.  If you want to dispute this dispute the trade lines that are shown as a charge off and if you have the paperwork send TU the list of accounts that were included in the BK.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 4 of 5
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Thank you. All these accounts (5) are HSBC. I have read this is an ongoing HSBC problem. Why only on TU, I don't know. I have not read about anyone actually getting this corrected or how.

The accounts were originally listed as CO. I disputed all my accounts on TU that were discharged. All were updated and marked IIB, except the HSBC's, which were updated to 'Paid - was a chargeoff' and under remarks 'sold or purchased by another lender.' No mention of IIB. The online version also shows a note about the update being FCRA compliant. This is not on the direct-from-TU report.

I do have all my paperwork.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.