cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on different scores...

tag
lnapier02

Question on different scores...

I have had a FAKO score from Credit Karma for over the past year currently it is a 595. I joined myFICO today and pulled my FICO score and it showed a 660 from Experian. Just curious why the 2 are so different

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question on different scores...

You are comparing two different types of scores. You are also comparing scores from different reports. CK exclusively uses TU and I believe they still provide two different credit-related FAKOs: VantageScore and TransRisk. You might have different items reporting on both TU and EX and that alone can account for big differences in score. Also FICOs are scored differently than FAKOs. FICO factors in stuff that FAKOs do not, and vice-versa, not to mention different score ranges.

Message 2 of 4
lnapier02

Thank you

Message 3 of 4
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

You are comparing two different types of scores. You are also comparing scores from different reports. CK exclusively uses TU and I believe they still provide two different credit-related FAKOs: VantageScore and TransRisk. You might have different items reporting on both TU and EX and that alone can account for big differences in score. Also FICOs are scored differently than FAKOs. FICO factors in stuff that FAKOs do not, and vice-versa, not to mention different score ranges.

+1. And to elaborate just a bit more, CreditKarma does not include closed accounts in good standing; FICO does.  So, for example, if you've had a number of paid auto loans  with perfect payment history, this will show up and be a positive factor in your FICO score.  Not so with a FAKO from CreditKarma. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.