lnapier02

Question on different scores...

I have had a FAKO score from Credit Karma for over the past year currently it is a 595. I joined myFICO today and pulled my FICO score and it showed a 660 from Experian. Just curious why the 2 are so different

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Question on different scores...

You are comparing two different types of scores. You are also comparing scores from different reports. CK exclusively uses TU and I believe they still provide two different credit-related FAKOs: VantageScore and TransRisk. You might have different items reporting on both TU and EX and that alone can account for big differences in score. Also FICOs are scored differently than FAKOs. FICO factors in stuff that FAKOs do not, and vice-versa, not to mention different score ranges.

lnapier02

Thank you

Valued Contributor
thom02099

llecs wrote:

You are comparing two different types of scores. You are also comparing scores from different reports. CK exclusively uses TU and I believe they still provide two different credit-related FAKOs: VantageScore and TransRisk. You might have different items reporting on both TU and EX and that alone can account for big differences in score. Also FICOs are scored differently than FAKOs. FICO factors in stuff that FAKOs do not, and vice-versa, not to mention different score ranges.

+1. And to elaborate just a bit more, CreditKarma does not include closed accounts in good standing; FICO does.  So, for example, if you've had a number of paid auto loans  with perfect payment history, this will show up and be a positive factor in your FICO score.  Not so with a FAKO from CreditKarma. 

Diners Club Premier MasterCard $50K / AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 799 EQ = 812 TU = 811 - 11/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}