Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question re: CR

tag
hautemama
Regular Contributor

Question re: CR

Hello,

Just a question.. I have one or two accounts that are scheduled to drop off this year.  How long would it take for my credit report to reflect this change..?  I am contemplating when I should pull another credit report and score?  And trying to save money.. Would I even need to pull these if I have the Score Alert and CreditKeeper which allow me to keep track of my score and pull FAKO's?  My FAKO's are fairly accurate...

One additional question.  I have a few 30 day and 60 day lates on loans and a previous collection that are now a year old.  They are not willing to do a goodwill or PFD.. When will these have less of an effect on my credit?? Thanks!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Question re: CR

The score change will happen the day they drop off - when a 6.8 year old collection dropped off DWs, we goy a scorewatch email within days (and a 50 point increase  Smiley Very Happy).

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

While some other posters have said they did not see a jump after a year of perfect payments- 

I did see a significant change-

These will have less of an impact as time goes by-
Message 3 of 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Timothy wrote:
While some other posters have said they did not see a jump after a year of perfect payments- 

4 years of perfect payments sent my score soaring from 640 to 670  Smiley Very Happy

Then I started getting serious.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

4 years of perfect payments sent my score soaring from 640 to 670  Smiley Very Happy

Then I started getting serious.

That's because you were already approaching perfection, and you had used up all your points! Slackers like me have lots of potential still out there. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.