Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question re: Credit Report

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Question re: Credit Report

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, I subscribe to ScoreWatch, and I recently received an alert stating that my score went up 7 points but there wasn't any reason to this that was listed. Is this accurate?

Also, I recently purchased two of my scores (Equifax and Transunion). On the Transunion report which was showing on my CreditKeeper (which I also have to monitor all 3) it states that my length of credit history is hurting my score. It is listed as only 2 yrs of credit history, when in fact I have had my oldest account for at least 8 yrs. On the report itself, it shows that my old accounts are reporting. Is this a mistake? On my Equifax and Experian, they are reporting 8 yrs, which is accurate.

I agree, if ScoreWatch tells you that your score went up 7 points, it did. It doesn't always tell you about changes Smiley Sad , but when it does, it's accurate.

There are all sorts of wacko comments and recommendations on FAKO score reports, which is what CreditKeeper and others are. As long as things show up correctly on the reports themselves, I wouldn't worry about it. If you ever get advice on your credit from CreditKeeper (or TrueCredit, or an EX Plus report, or Vantage, etc) which conflicts with FICO advice, go with the FICO advice. The reason to have CreditKeeper etc is to follow your REPORTS, not your scores.

My Vantage report tells me that my oldest account isn't old enough, and that I don't have enough major cards. My oldest account is an AU Discover card, and it's pretty obvious that Vantage isn't counting AU. As long as FICO does, though, I'm OK. If and when FICO 08 kicks in, I'll deal with it then.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question re: Credit Report

Jack G- Yes, I have installment loans.  I have a car payment as well as student loans.  Thanks a bunch!!
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.