Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question re: Walmart cart $1 overlimit

tag
RJA
Regular Contributor

Question re: Walmart cart $1 overlimit

I'm in process of USDA pre-approval for mortgage and need 640 middle score.  I went over my limit (interest took it over by 1.08). 

I've been paying done my credit cards and didn't realize this card had went over.

Question is - does going over the limit have impact on score v. being so close to max? 

I have already paid below limit again, but has damage been done?  The new credit cycle reporting below limit is this week. My LO is pulling scores on Friday again.  I need 640 to proceed with loan.  I have 640, 636, 623 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question re: Walmart cart $1 overlimit

IME, there was an extra ding provided I didn't have other TLs reporting over-the-limit like CO'd CCs. I'd definitely pay a chunk down. Might even be worth calling them to see if they can update mid-statement.

For clarity....your new statement is below the limit? If so, then no worries.

Message 2 of 3
RJA
Regular Contributor

Re: Question re: Walmart cart $1 overlimit

Thank you. I've paid $60 and credit limit is $800.  I just didn't want to spend more money right now due to saving for closing costs.  I can pay more if I should.

Yes it's below the limit now.  As soon as I found out it was over I made a payment.  Unfortunately it was after the statement date.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.