Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Experian and myFICO pulls

tag
jahsoul357
Valued Member

Question regarding Experian and myFICO pulls

How is everyone doing? My question is basically a piggy back of this thread here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Late-payments-after-charge-off/td-p/28298

My annual report Experian pull only shows an old charge off having 3 lates with the last being 2008 but my Experian myFICO pull shows 26 90 day lates with the most recent being last month. Is this normal behavior and is this having a major negaitve impact on my score? Thanks...

AMEX PRG || AMEX EDP || Discover IT || UFCU Great Rate
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Question regarding Experian and myFICO pulls

Is the Charge off account paid or unpaid ? If it is unpaid then  late dates can be reported until it is paid.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 6
jahsoul357
Valued Member

It's unpaid but what's throwing me off is it only looks like this on the myFICO pull. I pull the consumer report from Experian and it only shows 3 lates. 

Message 3 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@JHudson wrote:

It's unpaid but what's throwing me off is it only looks like this on the myFICO pull. I pull the consumer report from Experian and it only shows 3 lates. 

The base report from any of the bureaus is to be trusted over any of the third-party report distributors.

It goes through a sanitizing manipulation to put it into the format that the third party uses, and sometimes things get lost in translation.  End of the day it's the data that the individual bureaus has for you that counts, not what myFICO or CreditKarma, or CreditSesame, or Quizzle, or any other third party offering access to your credit reports has.

        
Message 4 of 6
jahsoul357
Valued Member

@Relevate

And that's usually what I believe, but I didn't know if that had any bearing on the scoring here. 

Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jahsoul357 wrote:

@Relevate

And that's usually what I believe, but I didn't know if that had any bearing on the scoring here. 

I don't think it has any bearing on the scores: those come from the bureaus untranslated.  It's the report data which can get munged after it goes through the 3rd party presentation stuff.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.