Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding collection removal score change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question regarding collection removal score change

The last collection I had reporting was removed from all three of my reports last week. As a result, my EQ went from 663 to 696 and TU went from 653 to 710. However EX actually went down, from 666 to 664. Now at the same time as the removal, I had 2 new inquires and 2 new accounts report. I am just trying to understand the reason why EX was not positively effected. Was the effect of the new inquiries and accounts enough to offset collection removal? Or perhaps rebucketing that I have read about? I will also add that all three reports still show a paid charge off from 2014. Could this be the possible reason why EX score didn't budge? I KNOW that you all don't have a crystal ball to tell me the exact answer, just looking for some insight from those of you who are knowlegeable. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question regarding collection removal score change

If that was the last collection/PR then yes you likely got rebucketed.

If there are tradeline differences between files (like I'm missing an account on TU, and for that matter I have an additional late on TU) that can change the magnitude of the shift though many people don't have a significant disparity between files.  Or if there's a dispute flag / comments where things don't always get sorted out correctly afterwards in some cases.

The two inquiries if they both landed on EX would've contributed too.

End of the day it's not worth worrying about, even if you score worse now on EX on a clean bucket than you did on a dirty bucket, the top end score and how quickly you'll achieve it is both higher and faster than those of us in the dirty buckets: my current ~720 and former ~740 (when I had pretty installment utilization) took me 4 years to achieve... brand new clean file starting from zero can hit 760 in 1 year, and possibly 800 in 2.

It's good to be clean, and any negative coming off is an absolute win regardless of score change so congratulations!

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.