New Contributor
asyiasmami

Question?

Hi,

I wanted to inquire about my credit report.. I have a lot of open store cards as well as low limit credit cards.  Please let me know how to boost my credit score.. I was thinking of closing a few of these, but did not want it to cause my credit score to decrease.  I am waiting for a few to drop off due to 7yrs but will this happen on the exact day??  So when they do drop off and I had a late payment that will vanish too?  So if the card is open, and it has been 7 yrs then I need to close the account in order for it to disappear fm my CR?  Thanks..
Established Member
Mrsmari

Re: Question?

Wow.....that was a lot but not enough vital info :smileyhappy:  I'm only talking about my Personal opinion here BUT the store CC need to go but I would wait till your score is in a good place then drop them. (you defiantly should NOT be using them) You mentioned you have CC w/low limits why? As long as your making payments they should raise your CL if that hasn't happened you can call them and get it raised. Which is a big deal since your credit debt ratio would help you in raising your FICO. You kind of through me off by the 7 years drop off question.........well first it should drop off 7 years with in that month that the account first showed up on your CR. The following month you should more a less see a change on your report. What I don't get is the question...... should you close the acc. once it's dropped after 7 years.........if it's an open acc it's open it won't go away in 7 years. It has to be a  delinquent acc which means it has to be closed. From reading on this forum late payments stay for a long time depending on how late they are. Hopefully I helped a little knowing more like how many cards you have and your balance on them tells a lot so i'm kind of limited on any specifics.  GOODLUCK

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+