Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question..?

tag
ddamage
Regular Contributor

Question..?

Hello everyone.  Do you guys/gals know why on my credit score from my bank USAA's monitoring service gives me an equifax score of 650(just went up from 592 to 650 paid off some bills that just reported) but on my FICO score watch I'm at 588 and hasn't gone up with the bills that just went to a zero balance?  I have one power score to use but dont want to use it yet.  So I was wondering if any of you might know why my score dont go up on here fico score watch.  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Question..?

Well, the USAA scores are FAKO's, unfortunately.

Have you pulled another FICO EQ report, and it's still the same score. or are you waiting for a SW alert? If you're waiting for an alert, it might be that it just hasn't come yet. You can check the sticky on the myFICO Product Feedback board to understand the timing of alerts, but there's always a delay.

Also, do you have your target score set to 588, your most recent known score? If you set it to 700 or something, as any normal person would do with a "target" score, it won't alert you until you hit that figure.

Setting the target to the most recent score means that you'll be alerted if it changes either higher or lower. Weird, but there it is. If you don't already, be sure to always change your target the moment that you get a new score.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
ddamage
Regular Contributor

Re: Question..?

thanks for reply..i will go look at my settings...and I will also try to find the sticky that talks bout alerts..again thank you

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.