cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about FICO scores and using them.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions about FICO scores and using them.

Hello all. This is my first time posting. I have only done some reading in the forums so I apologize if some or all of these questions have been answered. 1. I have a Washington Mutual credit card and that provides me with a Trans Union FICO score. I read somewhere here that it is a true FICO score but that it is also a credit card enhanced (or something like that) score. If I were to pull my Trans Union FICO score, would it be the same (or near since there is a time difference in the pulling)? 2. Does anyone know how long HSBC takes to report to the credit bureaus? I should say that I believe it is them as my credit card is from Best Buy and my papa's is from Orchard Bank but it says HSBC on the report. I emailed them and they say that they report every month but I have not seen June's on there yet. 3. My old car loan is all paid off and it says that for the seven year payment history, I have never been late but in the current status it says 30 days past due. Is there something/should I do something about this? 4. I am going to be applying for a private student loan and if I understand the lady, the credit part is based off of a combination of Trans Union and Equifax. If my Trans Union score is credit (from question 1) then there is a 50 point difference between the two scores. Does anyone know how this combination thing works? I am sure some, if not all of this, does not make sense. Should you all have any questions/need further clarifications, just ask. Thank you.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Questions about FICO scores and using them.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions about FICO scores and using them.

The TU score you purchase through MyFico is a Classic FICO score. The TU score you are able to view on the WaMu site is a bankcard-enhanced FICO score, also known as PFICO. In most cases, the scores will be similar, but usually not the same. If your bankcard credit is particularly strong (or particularly weak) compared to the other areas of your credit, the scores could differ significantly.

HSBC's monthly reports to each CRA are dated as the last day of each month and will reflect your balance as of that date. Their June report is dated June 30. There is always a delay before the update actually appears on each CR - last month, the delay was more than 3 weeks for some CRs for some people. My 6/30 HSBC update was posted on my EX report on 7/11, but it hasn't been posted on the other two CRAs yet.

The scores used for your student loan approval could be Classic FICO scores, or could be industry-specific custom FICO scores, but will probably not be your bankcard-enhanced (PFICO) scores.

Message Edited by Revike on 07-15-2007 11:26 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.