Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions from a noob

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions from a noob

I have Score watch monitoring my credit, or so I thought.  Does score watch only watch Equifax?  I haven't seen any changes sinse 7/19/08, and I know there are changes (credit/debt i've cleared) Also, I purchased my CR for experian on 9/4/08, and was wondering how to know if there has been a change sinse that date? 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions from a noob

Hi Perps,

Yes, ScoreWatch only monitors your Equifax score. Often, you can tell if there has been a change to your other scores based in the info in your EQ SW alert, but not always. SW does not monitor for daily changes though, only weekly or thereabouts.

If you'd like to watch your reports more closely, try subscribing to one of the credit products that allows for daily pulls of all three reports, such as truecredit.com. It's only about $10/mo and you can look at all three reports in detail, once every 24 hours... many of us use one of these products to help us pull our REAL FICOs in a more financially responsible manner.

Ivy

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll be notifie, when your EQ changes. You should check your alarm settings. Please set your target score to the current value. That way you'll be notified when the score goes up (or down).
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone tried using "triple advantage credit monitoring"?  I heard that was good.  Myfico is along the same lines as that?
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Perps wrote:
Has anyone tried using "triple advantage credit monitoring"?  I heard that was good.  Myfico is along the same lines as that?
TAC gives you FAKO scores.

Two things to follow in improving your credit: your reports and your FICO scores.

A credit report monitoring service that allows daily pulls of your credit report (don't know if TAC does or not; they're all starting to blur, lol) is invaluable for letting you know what's on the reports, who's reporting it, if the dates and amounts are accurate, when updates have posted, and so on. But all triple report monitoring services come with FAKO scores. Every single one; no exceptions. And lenders look at your reports and at your FICO scores. FAKO's don't consistently track FICO's for everyone, and we get an awful lot of upset new members here who were denied credit because the scores they thought they had weren't real.

EQ/FICO Scorewatch does track FICO score changes on one of your three reports (Equifax.) What a lot of us do here, at least while we're in the frenzy, is combine a triple report service (I use TrueCredit) with EQ Scorewatch, plus a LOT of reading and learning here, to develop a feel for what kind of changes on our reports will trigger FICO score changes. Sometimes an EQ FICO will change and the others won't, creating the myFICO D'oh! moment, but it's a halfway decent indicator, anyway.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.