Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Question about Scorewatch

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick Question about Scorewatch

I just signed up for Score Watch using the coupon code and I got one of the scores with the report.

I know that it monitors and sends daily alerts about inquiries, etc. My question is, how does the report get updated? Doe it get updated each month after the credit card is charged with the monthly amount? Or is there a way to "PULL" any time I want? If yes, how?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Quick Question about Scorewatch

Most say to set your "Target" score to your current score. I've always set mine +1 from my current score and have no problems. Each time your score changes, though, be sure to change the settings. They don't have an automatic update feature...yet.

After you log in, you are tossed into the "My Purchases" page. Click "Go" next the SW mention. In the next page, below the SW graph, there's a box. Above the box it says "Get a new Score Power Report". If you used one report, the box should give you the option to buy one more. Once you use both reports, then you'll be offered a chance to buy EQ only at a reduced rate of $10.95.

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

SW will update each time there's a qualifying event. Stealing from myFICO....:

• Your Equifax credit report is monitored daily for:
    • Newly opened accounts
    • Inquiries from applications for new credit
    • Increases in account balances
    • Changes in account status, such as a missed payment
    • New activity on accounts that were inactive
    • Newly listed public records, such as bankruptcies, court judgments, and tax liens
    • Newly listed collection company records
    • Changes to public records and collection company records
    • Changes to the name listed on your credit report
    • New addresses or phone numbers
  •  

It will also alert you if your score went up and your target score within Settings is set to catch it.

Remember, if a baddie falls off, lower balances or util, or your accounts improve due to age or other, and you do NOT have your target score set correctly, then you will not get an alert.

You'd need to pull a new report if you think your score changed and SW didn't catch it. You get 2 free CRs with your subscription I believe. And you get two new ones each year after it renews.

Message 2 of 10
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Thanks!

My current EQ score is 780 and I have set the target to be 780 as well. This should alert me when the current goes above or below the target correct?

Also, I guess the part I am confused about is how do you pull the CR? Maybe I am just being impatient (as I just signed up this morning) but when I login to me account, I see my EQ Score (dated 12/4/2008) which allows me to look at the CR as well. I am assuming that the report that I see is the first of the two allowed for the year. With that said, how do I pull /request the second one, say I want it 3 months from now?

I need to do some reading.

Message Edited by asif2005 on 12-04-2008 01:20 PM
    Message 3 of 10
    llecs
    Moderator Emeritus

Most say to set your "Target" score to your current score. I've always set mine +1 from my current score and have no problems. Each time your score changes, though, be sure to change the settings. They don't have an automatic update feature...yet.

After you log in, you are tossed into the "My Purchases" page. Click "Go" next the SW mention. In the next page, below the SW graph, there's a box. Above the box it says "Get a new Score Power Report". If you used one report, the box should give you the option to buy one more. Once you use both reports, then you'll be offered a chance to buy EQ only at a reduced rate of $10.95.

Message 4 of 10
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Thanks bro. Since I signed up just today, I don't see the link to the new report. But it does tell me to come back on a later day to get it.

"Your next Score Power report

Your subscription to Score Watch comes with one additional Score Power report free of charge. Come back here on a later day to get it.

After you get this free Score Power report, you can purchase additional Score Power reports for just $10.95 as long as you’re subscribed to Score Watch. "

Message 5 of 10
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

One more question while we are at it. I see options to buy the "FICO Score for today" from the other two beauros for $15.00 each. Now, if I do that, will I get their CRs with them two? Also, will I get "two" pulls with those too or just a one-time deal. Will those be availble at a reduced rate also once bought at the regular price? These may be dumb questions as I am a newb.

Message Edited by asif2005 on 12-04-2008 01:43 PM
    Message 6 of 10
    llecs
    Moderator Emeritus

asif2005 wrote:

Thanks bro. Since I signed up just today, I don't see the link to the new report. But it does tell me to come back on a later day to get it.

"Your subscription to Score Watch comes with one additional Score Power report free of charge. Come back here on a later day to get it."

No problem...You can only pull reports once every 24 hours (really no need to pull that frequently anyway, though some have Smiley Wink ) and that is the reason you see that message. This time tomorrow, it will go away and offer another free report.

Message 7 of 10
    llecs
    Moderator Emeritus

asif2005 wrote:

One more question while we are at it. I see options to buy the "FICO Score for today" from the other two beauros for $15.00 each. Now, if I do that, will I get their CRs with them two? Also, will I get "two" pulls with those too or just a one-time deal. Will those be availble at a reduced rate also once bought at the regular price? These may be dumb questions as I am a newb.

Message Edited by asif2005 on 12-04-2008 01:43 PM

You can also order the other two CRs (TU and EX). Both are in the same format as EQ. EX looks a tad different. You can buy each report one time for the $15 per report. It is a one-time deal and you can pull every 24 hrs. While it is against the rules of the Forums to post discount codes for these products, I can tell you to google "myFICO discount codes" to get some savings.

I recommend pulling all 3 and pull each report as needed. Many of us subscribe to a credit monitoring service from somewhere (I'm partial to TrueCredit) and pull new reports whenever we see a significant change. Word of caution: these other services offer scores, but they are not FICO scores and no lenders use these scores. Formula is different too.

Message 8 of 10
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

I am aware of the disound codes and used it when I ordered SW. Smiley Happy

So just to confirm, the other two FICO Scores will give me CRs too which I will be able to pull one more time in a year?

As far as monitoring, I am staying away from TC. I created an account at TC and attempted to purchase the monitoring for $9.95 through a link that I found on this forum the other day. The purchase failed with errors (saying that their monitoring service was down or something) and that I won't be charged. I retried purchasing it throughout the day and none of the attemp suceeded. I don't have monitoring and guess what.... the $9.95 charge appeared on my CC 5 times. I need to get them removed by calling them or disputing the charge. Anway, I updated my CC info with "00000000...00" at TC as there is no way to close the account without calling them.

Message 9 of 10
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

If all you are looking for is credit reports not a credit score, then you do not need to pay. Per FCRA law, you can pull from each of the credit bureaus one report within a year for free. I pull them at a 4 month interval
    Message 10 of 10
    Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.