cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Question....will my fico score increase?

tag
DMoney2381

Quick Question....will my fico score increase?

Here's a little background on my Sallie Mae account...I had my loans deferred for 6 months. After the 6 months, I neglected to pay my loans. On my score watch report I have a negative 120+ days past due, and with a  balance of $974. This past Feb I called Sallie Mae and got my account in good standing...my first payment is due on March 16th. I called Sallie Mae 2 days ago and asked since my account is now in good standing will the past due amount of $974 stay on my credit report.  I didn't even bother to ask if the late payments will drop off b/c I've read on the forums here that Sallie Mae wont goodwill late payments.

The lady told me my account status will change to current after my billing cycle on the 17th of March. I just looked on credit karma and my Sallie Mae payment status has changed from delinquent to current.....but here's the kicker no lates are showing up at all. Is this too good to be true??!!!  My vantage score on credit karma went up 31 points. I havent received any alerts from score watch. My question is will my fico score improve when an account goes from delinquent to current???

Thanks in advance for your feedback!!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Quick Question....will my fico score increase?

If the status changes, then that can result in a potential bump. Depends on other stuff reporting. If the status changes, SW will send you a credit alert with your new score.
Message 2 of 3
DMoney2381

Re: Quick Question....will my fico score increase?

Thanks for the feedback....just received an alert and my fico score went up 64 points.  *Happy Dance*

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.