Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick TU question...

tag
tbone74
Regular Contributor

Quick TU question...

My mortgage lender recently pulled my CR.  There was a 30 point difference between their score and myFICO's score.  I found out the TU scoring model was the classic 04 version.  What model is myFICO?

Thanks in advance! 

Starting Score: TU04: 603 EQ: 613
Current Score: TU04: 667/EQ: 670/ EXP(LO Pull): 676
Goal Score: 710

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Quick TU question...

@tbone74 wrote:

My mortgage lender recently pulled my CR.  There was a 30 point difference between their score and myFICO's score.  I found out the TU scoring model was the classic 04 version.  What model is myFICO?

Thanks in advance! 

What you buy here is TU98.

Message 2 of 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

98TU is what myfico uses. Most of the mortgage lenders use TU04, but you we find some using TU98 and the new one TU08.

TU08 was just recently released, so I don't think many are using yet.

ETA; Sorry Marinevietvet, I guess we both, were typing at the same time again LOLSmiley Tongue 

Message Edited by LIGHTNIN on 02-19-2010 12:18 AM
FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 6
tbone74
Regular Contributor

LOL...thank you!  After some digging I found it.  I wonder if it is possible to have a mortgage lender request one version be used vs another?  

Starting Score: TU04: 603 EQ: 613
Current Score: TU04: 667/EQ: 670/ EXP(LO Pull): 676
Goal Score: 710

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@tbone74 wrote:
LOL...thank you!  After some digging I found it.  I wonder if it is possible to have a mortgage lender request one version be used vs another?  

That I cannot help you with. Perhaps asking around in the Mortgage Loans will elicit a response.

Message 5 of 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

I believe this is the way it works but not sure. Each mortgage lender only has access to one version.

You might call around first, to see which mort lender, uses which version. 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.