Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick ? about lost/unused cc's

tag
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Quick ? about lost/unused cc's

Hi all! A few months ago I cut up 3 of my cc's so I wouldnt use them. Now after reading alot of posts I learned that I am suppose to use them every few months to keep activity on account. My question is: When I call the cc company to give me a new card will I get a Hard or Soft pull? I don't want any hards right now so I wont get new cards if it'll cost me hards.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quick ? about lost/unused cc's

just call and say they were damaged and are no longer usable. they should replace w/o anymore questions, but some charge a replacement fee.
Message 2 of 5
Kat
Valued Member

I had my JCP card replaced over a year ago, and like haulingthescoreup I now have two TL's on my CR.  This didn't seem to have impacted my score.  I read somewhere that the TL for the canceled card stays on your CR for 2 years. 
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just tell the card issuer that you tried to make a purchase and the card's magnetic stripe wouldn't read. They will reissue a card with the same number and credit reporting on the account remains unchanged.
Message 4 of 5
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

TigersFan wrote:
Just tell the card issuer that you tried to make a purchase and the card's magnetic stripe wouldn't read. They will reissue a card with the same number and credit reporting on the account remains unchanged.

yes tigersfan, i like that! Or I can always tell them the truth "I cut up your crappy cards because of the high interest" LOL!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.