Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question about inquiries

tag
DarkScythe
Valued Member

Re: Quick question about inquiries

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

RobertEG: I was referring to the situation when applying for credit cards. In those cases, the number of inquiries does matter if they are still on the report. If they are no longer on the reports, yes technically I have still had that inquiry, but there's no longer any indication of it for prospective creditors to see. If they're not on the reports, then I can say I have zero inquiries. However, if I have some fresh inquiries, then it would make sense to say I have that many inquiries. The problem was there seemed to be a 'hole' between when the inquiries stopped affecting the FICO scores and when they fell off the report completely. In that case, I was confused over whether I would say I still had inquiries or not.

my-own-fico: Thank you. Since I pay my statement balance in full each month, even though there may still be a balance reflected on my account, it's not yet due so I take it that means I don't carry a balance.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.