cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question about past due ( less than 30 days)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick question about past due ( less than 30 days)

Does account less than 30 days past due goes on credit report? something like 15 or 18 day past due?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Quick question about past due ( less than 30 days)

Welcome to the forum.  Unless the credit decideds to report it as 30 days late (which is rare) you wont see it on your CR.  You might get hit wit late fees and or a rate jack.  I would call and ask if first they will report it as 30 days late and if not see what they would do to forgive the late fee.  If you have a good relationship with them, they may do nothing but please call and ask.

If you post the name of the creditor, maybe poeple here have delt with them before.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the answer, I forgot a payment of my student loan from Sallie Mae, and paid it 19days later (as soon as I checked their website)

anyone deal with Sallie Mae before? do they report 19 day late payments?

Message 3 of 6
kilowatt1

Smiley Happy  You should not have a problem. Sallie Mae generally gives you 29 days past the due date before reporting it as 30 days late.

Message 4 of 6
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

Once I was almost 2 months past the due date and they still report my acct as being paid on time. So you should be okay. I'd call and make sure if I were you.
Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Accounts become delinquent after 30-days from the account billing date, but are not reported to a CRA until they are delinquent for more that 30-days from the delinquency date.  You will pay a late fee, and more seriously subject your account to a hefty increase in interest rate, if not paid within 30-days from the statement date, but it wont report to the CRA. for another 30-days.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.