Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question about pulling FICO scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick question about pulling FICO scores

I pulled them right before Experian stopped giving out the scores back on Feb 07, 2009.  My scores at that time were:

TU: 766

Equifax: 740

Experian: 769

I had credit card debt of between 1500-2000$.  I just paid it off last night.  How long should i wait to pull my scores again before the changes reflect my zero CC debt.  Currently all my credit cards are paid off.  Also any way to guess the type of jump i would be looking at?

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by mirrormind on 04-09-2009 08:55 AM
Message Edited by mirrormind on 04-09-2009 09:35 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Re: Quick question about pulling FICO scores

It would depend upon when your CCCs report the a/c statements to the CRAs. Its usually a few days after your statemente date. If you've paid after  your statement dates past, then you would have to wait till the next billing cycle where this payment would update. If not, then the payment will update this month.

You should have a significant bump in your score. But it would be hard to guess without more information. 

Message 2 of 3
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

Re: Quick question about pulling FICO scores

you could do the 30 day free trial of Scorewatch (Equifax) here on MyFico, and you'll get an update when your score changes.

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.