Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quizzle Score vs. Fico Score

tag
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Quizzle Score vs. Fico Score

I know, I know... Quizzle is a FAKO. I couldn't resist, though, because I wanted to see if Amex had reported my new CL. They had. THanks Quizzle for the free report. However, their Quizzle score sucks. It's much lower than my Fico score. It also recommends that I watch my "high" utilization (which is 1%) and watch my payment history (which is all current / on time). My Quizzle score was 709. I am too cheap to buy a current fico score but last time I checked it was in the 770s.

There is something seriously wrong with the Quizzle score calculation. It's just a shame that people who don't know this forum here might buy into the Quizzle recommendations and try to follow them. That annihilates the benefits of a free Experian report.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quizzle Score vs. Fico Score

Unless you are trying to use a certain CRA, I prefer www.creditkarma.com  It's better in every way, much easier to use, you can refresh daily, etc

Message 2 of 9
cdwenger

I have the same issue, with nearly identical scores. Credit Karma says 774, Credit Sesame says 773...Quizzle says 705.

Message 3 of 9
MonkeyBelly
Regular Contributor

Quizzle is based on EX while CK uses TU. Any chance you have different items reporting with each of the CRAs?
Starting myFICOs 2013
TU:664 March --> 726 May 25
EQ: 687 on March 6 --> 772 May 25
USAA EX (FAKO): 701 March 27 --> 768 May 26
Original goal (720+ across the board) achieved!
Message 4 of 9
cdwenger

Doesn't look like it. Plus Credit Sesame uses Experian too yet it gives a credit score within 1 point of Credit Karma (using TransUnion).

Message 5 of 9
rmczar

I just found Quizzle today and tried it, I almost took a dump!!!  

Quizzle 689

I have Identity theft protection with my bank where I can check my scores they actual use.

Experian - 811

Equifax - 801

TransUnion - 814

Clean credit file for over 12 years, no lates, no records and utilization under 1%

Something is not right.

Message 6 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@rmczar wrote:

Quizzle 689

I have Identity theft protection with my bank where I can check my scores they actual use.

Experian - 811

Equifax - 801

TransUnion - 814

Clean credit file for over 12 years, no lates, no records and utilization under 1%

Something is not right.

You're comparing two different scores using two different score ranges, and none of those scores are FICO scores.

Message 7 of 9
cdwenger

@llecs wrote:

@rmczar wrote:

Quizzle 689

Experian - 811

Equifax - 801

TransUnion - 814

Something is not right.

You're comparing two different scores using two different score ranges, and none of those scores are FICO scores.

Why would the Quizzle score use such a similar range if it's not intended to be analagous to the FICO scores?

Message 8 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Any service that provides all 3 scores together wouldn't be offering FICO scores. We know this because it is impossible to get all 3 FICO scores together without the help of three hard inquiries from a lender. Experian blocked consumer access to your own FICO score a while back and you cannot buy it from anywhere, however there are some CUs out there that can get it for you. There are also rumors that myFICO and Experian have re-entered into an agreement to offer an EX fICO here once again, but we'll see. 

It's possible that the set of scores posted are VantageScores. Vantage runs on a scale of 501-990 vs. FICO's 300-850. But it all depends on what service you are using.

On the score from Quizzle, that is a FAKO called a CE Score. The range is close to FICO. That can explain the difference in your scores. In any case, both sets of scores factor in stuff that FICO does not and vice-versa.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.