Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Credit Scoring Secrets

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RE: Credit Scoring Secrets

Can someone please explain to me why we as consumers do not know the process of credit scoring, and how it works. I have repaired my credit, and every time I paid an account off, or disputed innacurate account my score increased anywhere from 20 - 40 points. Why is it that the credit scoring method of points is not revealed to the public? I would really like to know in detail what increases my score and how many points for each task? My next question is, when the bureau recieves a dispute letter why is it that some of the accounts disputed take longer then the 30 day investigation? The law states that they have 30 days to investigate and come with a resolution. There are many times when I'll get the result as being: still in investigation, or unverified. How can I get through to the bureaus to update my disputes or delet incorrect information? I have done alot of research on how to repair my credit, and have provided the necessary material needed for this process to be complete, but I am still struggling with getting my credit report repaired. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Sincerely,

Someone who needs your help
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RE: Credit Scoring Secrets

yvetteace wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why we as consumers do not know the process of credit scoring, and how it works.

A lot of us would like to know that.  After all, it affects everything in our financial lives so you'd think we would have the right to know.  We don't though and as a result, I lose a few more hairs everyday from the sheer frustration of it all.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you hang around here long enough you will lean more than though you thought you didn't know about your score. All the answers needed to lean how it effects your credit report are here. I've spent over 300 hours on this forum so far. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If you hang around here long enough you will lean more than though you thought you didn't know about your score. All the answers needed to lean how it effects your credit report are here. I've spent over 300 hours on this forum so far. Smiley Happy

DANG me too 300+ Hours.
And I asked them to ban me before I hit 500 posts.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.