Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RED FLAG: TOO MANY ACCTS W/BALANCES

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RED FLAG: TOO MANY ACCTS W/BALANCES

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Can you snowball them, since they're small balances, and kill them off?

It sounds like you plan on having most of the debt paid off in 6-9 months.  I think HTSU's idea is great. Concentrate on one small balance at a time and just pay them off.  To me it seems like a good amount of juggling and fine print to worry about something that will be taken care of in 6 months anyway. I think someone already mentioned this but just to be sure, if you transfer to a card that already has a balance, your payments usually go to the 0% rate debt first while the debt at the higher rate just grows and grows..

Besides, your scores are good and dealerships are pretty desperate these days so you should be in good shape for financing, assuming the rest of your financial house is in order.

Message 11 of 12
rom828
Established Contributor

Re: RED FLAG: TOO MANY ACCTS W/BALANCES

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Can you snowball them, since they're small balances, and kill them off?

It sounds like you plan on having most of the debt paid off in 6-9 months.  I think HTSU's idea is great. Concentrate on one small balance at a time and just pay them off.  To me it seems like a good amount of juggling and fine print to worry about something that will be taken care of in 6 months anyway. I think someone already mentioned this but just to be sure, if you transfer to a card that already has a balance, your payments usually go to the 0% rate debt first while the debt at the higher rate just grows and grows..

Besides, your scores are good and dealerships are pretty desperate these days so you should be in good shape for financing, assuming the rest of your financial house is in order.

I appreciate the advice and I'm really weighing this out, because you're right, this does seen like a lot of extra effort that might not result in that big of a payoff.  I'm going to consider all the pros and cons before I decide what to do.....and snowballing is probably going to win out, as I don't really want to increase that BoA balance anyway...

Thanks again!!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.