Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RELATIVE VS ABSOLUTE REDUCTION IN SCORES

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RELATIVE VS ABSOLUTE REDUCTION IN SCORES

Thanks again for the feedback Lel

This is a great forum for discussing issues related to credit scores.

It's great to get such good feedback from so many people so quickly when you have these types of questions.  I can't believe that over 100 people have viewed this post in just this first day.  I hope it answered some of their questions as well.

Thanks again everyone

Ed

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RELATIVE VS ABSOLUTE REDUCTION IN SCORES

I understand what you mean about the decline in your credit score and it seems to be that any issue with credit will lower your score and take several years to improve.  I have been undergoing a case of identity theft, which has lowered my score about 250 points.  This had nothing to do with what I had done, but what others had done to me.  I contacted each of the credit reporting agencies, my credit card holders, banking institutions, police and Federal Trade Commission in order to flag my accounts.  Over the last three years I have done everything possible to get this under control, but no matter what I have done the score never seems to increase.  I was told that these items would remain on my account for seven years.  At my age I should be able to purchase a vehicle with a lower interest rate, but am trying to make ANY creditor to believe I did not do this.  It gets very frustrating and I can totally understand what you are saying,  I never thought this would happen to me.  I did have some luck with using Lexington Law Firm (they help send out letters to any company posting negative comments on your credit) and CreditKeeper and myFico, which, for a small amount of money, will help challenge any negative items and allow you to access your credit score as often as you like.  With all the work I have done my score has only increased a little over 100 points in three years.  I need a new vehicle, but refuse to pay a high interest rate or be denied all together.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.