Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raising Credit Score

tag
I_want_a_home2
New Visitor

Raising Credit Score

I've been working on my credit for about a year now! The only thing that's on my credit are medical bills. My scores are 721 614 589. I'm trying really hard to qualify for a mortgage. I have 2 credit cards a secured and unsecured! I just paid off my car in February and also an installment loan. I was told to pay the minimum due on my credit cards and leave a balance of 50.00 both cards has a limit of $300.00. How can I improve my credit?? I want to start looking at homes by this summer!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: Raising Credit Score

@I_want_a_home2 wrote:
I've been working on my credit for about a year now! The only thing that's on my credit are medical bills. My scores are 721 614 589. I'm trying really hard to qualify for a mortgage. I have 2 credit cards a secured and unsecured! I just paid off my car in February and also an installment loan. I was told to pay the minimum due on my credit cards and leave a balance of 50.00 both cards has a limit of $300.00. How can I improve my credit?? I want to start looking at homes by this summer!

Pay all cards off except for 1 on that card carry a balance of less than 10% for best score results.

Attempt a PFD on the most current medical bills on your lowest 2 reports. Good luck! 

BTW would likely get better results in rebuild forum.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 2 of 4
CreditHealthy
Established Contributor

Hello, the rebuild section of the forum would be a great place to start.Good luck!

What's in my sock drawer? NFCU LOC 15,000] NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000][ Golden 1Platinum Rewards Card 6,600 Discover It 5,000,] {NFCU goRewards 17,500} Barclaycard 1250.00,]Cap one 750.00 ], Watering my garden for the next five years:-)
EQUIFAX 727 EXPERIAN 732 TRANSUNION 743 FICO} STARTING SCORE....554 July 2013
Message 3 of 4
user5387
Valued Contributor

I would try to write goodwill letters for the medical bills.

For the CCs, I would have one report a balance of $0 and the other a balance of around $10.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.