New Visitor
bmew2007

Ratio of Credit Balance to Available Credit?

Is there a certain balance/available credit ratio or percentage that a credit card should be at to be considered reasonable? I am paying off cards and want to distribute my funds in the best way. I've heard its something like your balance should be less than 65% of your available credit. Any info? Thanks!
Regular Contributor
Skiffy

As low as humanly possible. 65% is way too high; you're p...

As low as humanly possible. 65% is way too high; you're probably losing significant points if your utilization is that high.
Regular Contributor
MM1234

Around 40% is the max. Anything under that is best. Try t...

Around 40% is the max. Anything under that is best. Try to be around 30% or less if possible.
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Definitely 30% or less its hard to do with low limit card...

Definitely 30% or less its hard to do with low limit cards but 10% is even better

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}