Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Bucketted by Transunion?

tag
MattieNumNums
Regular Contributor

Re-Bucketted by Transunion?

So for the past 3 months I have been running around between 580-630 on my TU. Today all of my disputes were completed (3 are still wrong). 3 accounts are Pays as agreed and (those accounts also had 12 lates each down to 8 from Sallie Mae), one collections account removed completed (it was a paid collections), and everything looks pretty good. My score was 610 before all of this and now it DROPPED to 599! How can my score drop with a ton of negatives disappearing!!! My Report looks a million times better then when it was at 630.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Re-Bucketted by Transunion?

Rebucketing isn't likely if major baddies are still reporting. You'd have to lose your last baddie.

Disputing some OC accounts, depending on how they report, can result in a loss in some scenarios. Are there any OC accounts that were removed? Have all disputes cleared?

Message 2 of 10
marty56
Super Contributor

If accounts that are in dispute don't count in your AAoA or %util, that could also explain.  I am not sure but it would be easy to verify on your CR.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 10
MattieNumNums
Regular Contributor

All disputes are complete Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 10
MattieNumNums
Regular Contributor

I can take a screen shot of my report. Basically I have 5 credit cards all with a 0 balance (I pay them off as soon as I use them), a brand new lease, a paid off car thats still showing as active but in good standing, a refied student loan in good standing, and a bunch of paid off student loans (3 with negatives 8 times late). I also have 3 chargeoffs that should be Paid As Agreed but that should be coming off soon I presume!

Message 5 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Compare the before and after of each TL. Sometimes OCs/CAs will update the TL in a way as to add lates, update dates, etc. and that can cause a drop. Also look at the stati of each too. Were any of the COs credit card COs? If so, did any balances update to $0 or does the dispute remark remain after the dispute cleared? In some circumstances that can cause a drop. Any changes to util? That can cause a change. Also look at the pos/neg reasons on pages 2 & 3 of your report and compare those.

Message 6 of 10
MattieNumNums
Regular Contributor

Side by side comparison shows the new report is much better! 5 less lates, 1 collection gone, and 3 accounts set to pay as agreed. I am totally at a loss this time.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What did the scale look like on your TU myfico reports?

On the left (or is it the right) side of the scale, what was helping your FICO before and now?

And on the other side, what is hurting your FICO before and now?

Lastly, was your AAofA adjusted in any way?

And on the Best Actions scenario, what was your potential score range before and now?

Message 8 of 10
MattieNumNums
Regular Contributor

Previously:

1.) Delinquencies+Collections

2.) Recent Missed Payment 

3.) Bad Payment History

4.) Past Due Balances

1 Month Fico Simulation

620-650

6 Month Fico Simulation

640-670

Negatives on Credit Report:

3 Charge offs with tons of lates (like 70 a pieces, this loan was paid/settled in full with Sallie Mae 60 days ago.)

5 accounts with 10 lates (Sallie Mae Rehabbed Loans)

1 Car Loan that was a Repo (cosigner on my Grandmothers car when she died) Payment After Charge Off Balance 0

8 Accounts in good Standing

11 Year History

1 Collection Account (Paid Collection Reporting as a Collection)

Past Due Balances

$23646

Installment Loans

$71422

Currently:

1.) Serious Delinquencies (don't know what from my accounts look much better!)

2.) Recent Missed Payments 

3.) Bad Payment History

4.) Past Due Balances

1 Month Fico Simulation

599-629

Month Fico Simulation

629-659

12 Accounts in Good Standing

1 Car Repo reported as Payment After Chargeoff or Collection

3 Sallie Mae loans with 70 lates (these were paid/settled off 60 days ago!)

3 Sallie Mae Rehab loans with 8 lates

0 Collections

Past Due Balances:

$19000 (these are actually paid off and were settled months ago! Mulitple disputes Sallie Mae is dragging their feet!)

Installment Loans:

$66792 (this number is way wrong, my previous car is still reporting as open and it was traded in and paid off 60 days ago, and those Sallie Mae loans that are paid.)

All late payments happened between 2004-2007.

Looking at this from the outside I have no clue whats going on! What I do know is Sallie Mae adjusted a few accounts DoLA to last month (no clue why other than I disputed them to have them finally update the information which they did after almost 6 months of disputing.)

Message 9 of 10
MattieNumNums
Regular Contributor

When I pulled up my full credit report again I am only seeing 3 accounts with lates, 3 accounts that are paid off already not updated, and my Toyota account has no mention of repo or lates or anything just says Payment After Chargeoff/Collections.

Im seriously at a loss here!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.