Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaching the 800 Club / Rockie Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reaching the 800 Club / Rockie Questions

Trust me I am excited to be in the 700 Club but do expect to fall out next month. However, not for bad reasons and solely related to recent inquiries, an upcoming very hard hit on Average Account Age (opened 6 accounts this month, 2 a couple months ago with only 2 accounts over 2 years).  So I think I will be in the 600 Club until Thanksgiving (Halloween earliest).

In an effort to get a general idea of potential points and length of time it will take to get into the 800 Club I opened up Microsoft Excel. The biggest challenge will be the average age and length (Change next month: 261 Days to 142 Days). Min 4 months to stabilize and recoup 30-35 points.

I calculated to hit around 670 next month with all the new lines and of course length taking a hard hit. Regaining the points are in the following areas:

Maintaining Payment History: 35 points

Reducing Amount Owed: 25 points

Length: 65 points

Inquires: 15 points

It is going to be a long but short year of recovery.  I currently subscribe directly to each Credit Reporting Agency and am thinking of canceling them for a while to spend the money elsewhere or save Smiley Happy (~ $720 year).

Once all the accounts hit the credit reports should I pull myFICO 3 report as my starting point or subscribe to the month service here?

Also thoughts on canceling the three others?

Also should I lock/freeze on credit files? (if yes, will my new accounts be able to report or should I wait until all accounts are listed?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reaching the 800 Club / Rockie Questions

Freezing wont prevent things from reporting, it just prevents anyone from pulling credit to approve you. If you are paying for all 3 services, at 720/yr, I would just pay the 25 a month for my fico. you can use CK and credit.com for regular monitoring for free. Congrats on the approvals!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.