Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Confused?

tag
bobtail
Regular Contributor

Really Confused?

My Cabelas statement read, balance $835.00. Payment due 3/26/10. On 3/25/10, I made online payment of $435.00, bringing balance to $395.00. Checking my credit report today, they reported the 435.00 payment and a balance of 501.00. I thought purchases made after statement cut would appear the following month, what am I not understanding?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Really Confused?

@bobtail wrote:
My Cabelas statement read, balance $835.00. Payment due 3/26/10. On 3/25/10, I made online payment of $435.00, bringing balance to $395.00. Checking my credit report today, they reported the 435.00 payment and a balance of 501.00. I thought purchases made after statement cut would appear the following month, what am I not understanding?

Not necessarily-- Cabelas may report on a certain day/date of the month, as oposed to the statement date, and they'll report whatever your balance you have on the reporting date.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Really Confused?

Yikes!

That's interesting and good to know.

I've never had my Cabela's CRA report differently than the statement balance.  Great Smiley Mad, now I'll have to watch and figure out what's up with their reporting dates.  I use this card heavily every month, but it's not the card I allow to report a small balance, so I guess I'll just have to dig in and figure it out.  It's interesting, because my CRA's update within a few days of the statement cut date.

OP - how soon after the statement date did you make the purchase?

Has anyone else had Cabela's report differently than their statement balance?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.