Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really annoyed

tag
LyonsPride
Established Member

Really annoyed

So last month I bought my TU score on MyFico it was 621. I then pif my 2 credit cards and let them report. I asked for cli on a OSP retail card which I received and my Old Navy credit card and was declined. In that time i was approved for a CC from my local credit union and soft pull from avenue got a card from them. Monday I went on an app spree and was approved for Target Visa, Chase Amazon,JCP, Walmart, Barclaycard, Discover IT, and Chase Slate. Today I received my letter about the decline for cli from Old Navy cc and it listed the following reasons : derogatory public records or collection filed, proportion of balances to credit limits on bank/national revolving or other revolving accounts too high, too few accounts currently paid as agreed, lack of recent installment loan information. It also listed my TU score as 582!!!! Why the discrepancy in my score. Also, my one collection item was paid and all my accounts are paid as agreed. As a matter of fact I had 2% uti! I don't have an installment loan nor do I intend to get on anytime soon unless my car craps the bed. I don't understand and it's really bothering me since at that time I only had 1inq on my report...

Starting Score: 650
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Really annoyed

The score difference could be caused by several reasons. I can't recall who underwrites Old Navy but some CCs do use their own internal score when calculating credit risk. GE-backed cards, for example, have a max score of 620 or something like that. You might be comparing apples and oranges. Assuming for a second that it is a FICO score, it could be a CC-enhanced FICO score which scores your CC-experience moreso than any other account and comparing a Classic FICO like on here or the free one via Wal-Mart could produce very different results. Did Old Navy list a score range? That can help pinpoint what they used.

Even if a collection is paid, lenders and FICO still view it as if it were unpaid. In terms of FICO, it doesn't matter if you owe $10k or $0, the damage is equal. Try sending a GW letter.

Per the loan comment, it really doesn't matter per FICO. You can hit into the 800s without one. However, some lenders have their own criteria and maybe that's what they are looking for. I certainly wouldn't rush to get one though. I bet if you cleared their other comments then approval would come without a loan reporting.

Message 2 of 5
Simply827
Established Contributor

Old Navy is backed by GE as well. Considering you got approved for a Walmart card that is odd.

I thought Target Visa was discontinued for new apps. Is it back?

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 3 of 5
LyonsPride
Established Member

Excuse me I miswrote it's a target credit card...

Starting Score: 650
Current Score: 665

Message 4 of 5
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

I'd call the back door ge no or email ge cares email to see what going on or reconsideration.
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.