Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Really??

The only consistent in life is change.

Most would be happy to have your problem. Keep in mind utilization isn't the only scoring variable. Your score is based on the cumulative effect of all variables.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your scores are still awesome though Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The FICO algorithms are not "consistent."

The algorithm changes when it sees certain overall category critera in order to continually compare with peers in that category.

Credit scorcard categorization is standard in the scoring game, and often leads to new scoing that does not follow the same pattern as prior scoring.

Scorecard categorization is also referred to as rebucketing.

FICO does not make public the specific criterion that trigger changes in a consumer's categorization,and can only be determined by posting of anecdotal experiences of others.  I am sure others thank you for posting your scoring experience in your apparent rebucketing.

Message 13 of 15
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I talked to my USBanker recently, and above 760 is gold plated, but above 800 is "Please, what can I do for you?"  Smiley Very Happy

Hit 800+ out of 850 and minor variations are irrelevant

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 14 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@RobertEG wrote:

The FICO algorithms are not "consistent."

The algorithm changes when it sees certain overall category critera in order to continually compare with peers in that category.

Credit scorcard categorization is standard in the scoring game, and often leads to new scoing that does not follow the same pattern as prior scoring.

Scorecard categorization is also referred to as rebucketing.

FICO does not make public the specific criterion that trigger changes in a consumer's categorization,and can only be determined by posting of anecdotal experiences of others.  I am sure others thank you for posting your scoring experience in your apparent rebucketing.

Think we're debating semantics.  If you have a file you will get sorted into a bucket which is consistent, and the algorithm to score you inside that bucket is consistent by my terminology.

If you switch buckets as a result of changes in your file, you don't lose that consistency.

If we're suggesting that consistency is that your individual file is scored identically every single time, then OK, but when we're talking instant in time analysis anyway I have a hard time agreeing with that.  Also the algorithm inside the bucket appears to hold pretty identically regardless of bucket from the anecdotal data here, though the cleaner the bucket the higher the penalty.

        
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.