Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason code 39

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reason code 39

I understand that a reason code 39 is serious delinquency's. I don't know what serious delinquency means? I have 1  30 day late in over a year, no public records or collections. I pay all other accounts as agreed
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Reason code 39

Do you have "any" 90+ day lates in the last seven years?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This can be triggered if you are two payments past due (60 days) or you have two consecutive late payments.  Look at which account is flagged on your myfico reports and that will help you pin it down.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have an account 60 days late, and I don't know how to find which account was flagged. How do I find it?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have any accounts 90 days past due in my life.
Message 5 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Look on the Accounts screen on your FICO report. This can be either screen 4 or 5, depending on whether you're looking at a SW report or a Suze report.

There will be a list of your accounts, both open and closed. If one has a flag next to it, that's the one that is reporting the reason code, accurately or otherwise. You might have to pull the full report directly from that credit bureau to find the whole story. (Save your money; don't buy a score when you do so!)

If there is absolutely nothing showing on that report, call myFICO customer service, and ask if they can figure it out from their end. TU FICO reports sometimes pop up with flags that don't really exist, and the score isn't affected; it just makes it look like it is.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a flagged account from Fitht Third Bank Credit Card for 30 days late on a $15.00 PMT In Aigust

I aslo have a flagged account for Bank of America Credit card in Aug of 2008 on a $15.00 Payment.

No other problems anywhere except because they kep lowering my limits my debt to credit limit sucks 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked and I have a 30 day late in Aug of this year that is flagged and a 30 day late in Aug of 2008 that is flagged, everthig elese is AA
Message 8 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Did these actually happen? Because if so, a 2-month-old late is deadly for your scores.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.