Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebucket 5 years post BK7???

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rebucket 5 years post BK7???

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

An other account is still an account. If it is on file it should count toward age of file (age of oldest account). 

I have asked Equifax to re-chassify my AMEX charge card from a revolver (which it is not) to an other account. If they make the change, I'll confirm that my file age (it is my oldest account) and AAoA don't change. I'll be rather bummed if I lose the age associated with the card. 

I do have a situation where my oldest closed CC (total 30 years age) dropped off one CRA report (TU) but remains on the other two. I see the difference in both AAoA and total account count. If the OPs hypothesis is correct he should be able to confirm influence of the presence/absence of the other account on oldest account, AAoA and total # accounts by reviewing 3B report details.

An Amex charge card is indeed a revolver, but if you look in the tradeline details it will say something akin to Term 1 month.

I don't think we fully know for a given account how it's scored, I'm 100% confident there's some sanity checking / error handling and if the tradeline doesn't pass muster, it isn't counted much like a dispute.  It'd be ludicrous for there not to be something along those lines in there as there's little control anywhere in terms of what winds up on a credit report... which is why I suppose the bureaus are so damned picky on reporters conforming to Metro2 and similar standards.

That's where I was making my guess from, FICO doesn't typically count non-traditional tradelines so I don't think we can make the assertion that something like FICO 04 or even FICO 8 counts a rental history line for example.  Other covers a whole slew of things.

The 3B report details are not reference, it is not the FICO algorithm necessarily (actually nearly confident it isn't, that's a very tightly controlled bit of code even within FICO, big difference between FICO Business, or whatever it's labelled internally, and FICO Consumer, separate divisions and that I know from FICO employees), and as such one can't take the AAOA calculation even on MyFICO or anywhere else as gospel. 

Hate to keep beating a dead horse on this issue, but it keeps getting misconstrued here which admittedly isn't the consumer's fault... but we cannot take it as fact, FICO just isn't setup like that.

        
Message 41 of 43
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Here is what I see on my Equifax report when I click on other accounts. Interestingly it specifically references AMEX. Due to the way EQ is treating my Fico 04 score when I use my AMEX, I elected to dispute its classification as a revolver (side note I made sure AMEX removed any option for a pay over time insurance).

What the heck, EQ is specifically using AMEX as an example of an "other" account. I'll know the outcome of the dispute within 10 days.

EQ header.jpg

EQ other accounts.jpg

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 42 of 43
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

Here is what I see on my Equifax report when I click on other accounts. Interestingly it specifically references AMEX. Due to the way EQ is treating my Fico 04 score when I use my AMEX, I elected to dispute its classification as a revolver (side note I made sure AMEX removed any option for a pay over time insurance).

What the heck, EQ is specifically using AMEX as an example of an "other" account. I'll know the outcome of the dispute within 10 days.

EQ other accounts.jpg

Weird.  I'm interested to see your results, though from cashnocredit's testing didn't seem like Beacon 5.0 had any wierdness in it unlike EQ Beacon 9.0 for Amex charge cards.

Traditionally they've been classified as CC's since credit reporting became a thing to my knowledge, and they used to be counted in FICO 98 and prior's utilization... though looks like the reporting has evolved some over time.

Looking at my base reports for my Zync currently:

EX: Type = Credit Card, Term = 1 months

EQ: Type of Account = Open, Type of Loan = Credit Card

TU: Account Type = Open, Loan Type = Credit Card

On both EQ / TU my normal CC's are reported as Revolving for Type of Account / Account Type

        
Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.