cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebucket Question (I know - we ll never truly understand!)

tag
sh9730
Regular Contributor

Rebucket Question (I know - we ll never truly understand!)

Ok, Im just being impatient (but arent we all?) while watching pre-season baseball on T V for the first time this year (YAY!).  Anway....

I have a CO from a repo in 01....shows a fall off date from the OC in 9/08 on both TU and EQ.  Already gone from EX.   Related to this CO is a CA from Calvary which shows the following drop off dates:

EX - April 08
TU - June 08
EQ - DOLA (best guess for drop off date) July 08 (so should drop in June 08 also?)

Also, im not sure why the CA drop off dates are earlier than the CO dates, but Im not complaining about that!!

This (these) are my last baddies, so Im anticipating som rebucketing soon....my questions are:

#1 - Since the CO is already gone from EX, when the CA drops in April....what kind of hit (Current score 689 with 20+% utils but will be under 20 by time the rebucket occurs so I would hope to be over 700 at that point) will I take when the last baddie drops?

#2 - On the TU and EQ, since the CO will still be on there for a few months after the CA drops off, will the rebucket get delayed until 09/08?  If so wonder what kind of bump UP I ll get until the rebocuket occurs?

#3 - Finally, Calvary got this account assigned to them in 4/06 so that is the last activity date as far as FICO scoring goes (I really hate that glitch in the FICO system!!).  Since there will be a month or two that the CA will be two years old BEFORE it falls off in June, will I get any bump for those couple months on TU and EQ?  

I know....alot of worrying over something that will be changing drastically each month for a few months soon, and there is nothing I can do about any of it....but I am applying for a mortgage in May, so some of these things may impact it!!

Thanks. 

P S - Current FICOs TU-690, EQ 711, EX 689 - Again, this is with them showing between 20-25% utils, have already paid down to 18% utils, just waiting for the CRAs to update. 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Rebucket Question (I know - we ll never truly understand!)

Well, this is a completely pathetic answer, but... I have no clue!

The best I can offer is that when I jumped from 12 years to 18 on EQ and TU by adding on to my husband's Discover card, I lost an even 15 points on EQ, and 13 (I think) on TU. I have an ancient gas card on EX, so it wasn't affected.

I think that a lot of the change depends on what, if any, baddies you will have left on your report. For instance, if someone had a collection fall off, or a public record, and there was nothing else bad left showing, there might not be any score drop at all! I'm sure that I lost points because a had a generous handful of lates (no other baddies), and people with long credit histories are supposed to have enough sense and organization to pay their bills on time, so I look pretty lame next to them.

All I can say is, I hope the damage is minimal, and I think that you'll see a quick score recovery and then progression. And it will be wonderful to get that off your reports, I know!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

LOL!
Preseason baseball is just like short term FICO scores.  It only matters today, and has no real long term meaning.  Preseason win/loss means nothing once the real season starts.  Similarly, prior FICO scores mean nothing until one actually applies for their real season of credit.
Sure, if one is a baseball-a-holic, it may be of academic interest. And if one is a FICO-holic, then the same applies.
Would anyone pay to subscribe to a site that reports pre-season baseball scores?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would !!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

RobertEG wrote:
LOL!
Preseason baseball is just like short term FICO scores.  It only matters today, and has no real long term meaning.  Preseason win/loss means nothing once the real season starts.  Similarly, prior FICO scores mean nothing until one actually applies for their real season of credit.
Sure, if one is a baseball-a-holic, it may be of academic interest. And if one is a FICO-holic, then the same applies.
Would anyone pay to subscribe to a site that reports pre-season baseball scores?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:
I would !!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

RobertEG wrote:
LOL!

Ha!  That's funny, because so would I.

But that's probably because I fit both of the "a-holic" descriptions RobertEG mentioned.

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Hmmmmm!!!! I see a potential market!
I am going to set up a web site to sell pre-season baseball scores.  I shall call it FairRobert.com, and the fee will be set at 12.95 per score, unless, of course,  you have the secret discount code of [promo code removed]!
Aint capitalism grand?
ROFL!!!!

RobertEG- Please do not post promo codes in the Forum- Thank you-  

Message Edited by Timothy on 03-10-2008 06:07 AM
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Wow, a correlation between SABRmetricians and FICO-holics... yep, I can see that!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.