Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebucketed?! Aargh!

tag
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

Re: Rebucketed?! Aargh!

Being re-bucketed is scarier than being late.
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Why the 'Aargh"?

It's all good.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 12 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@cobra19 wrote:

Why the 'Aargh"?
It's all good.

Painful short-term, but beneficial long-term. When you've been scratching and clawing for every point, it's a killer to drop down like that, but you have a whole new ceiling now, and it's a higher one. Hang in there!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

'Aargh!' because my husband and I were planning to buy him a work truck & trailer this month- a score dip for any reason is really not what I needed right now... especially one that might dump us into a higher interest rate bracket. I'm figuring that my scores will be the main ones they look at, as I have both the higher and more documentable (i.e., salary/W-2 instead of 1099-contractor) income.

I know it's probably good long-term, but short-term it really stinks! He needs the truck, but now I'm wondering if it's going to happen- talking with the bank, they don't want to finance a 2001 Tahoe + box trailer for more than 36 months due to the age of the truck- and that's without pulling our credit yet...

Hmmm- I wonder if there are any places that would do "business" financing with better terms for an independent contractor?

Message Edited by MsMS on 01-12-2008 07:55 AM
Message 14 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

That's true --the timing is definitely awful for you!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.