Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebucketed with TU??? Lost 15 pts.

tag
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Rebucketed with TU??? Lost 15 pts.

Hello,

On June 8 2011 my TU score was 710.  Checked today and it dropped to 695.  Compared the two reports/scores.  Differences are:

UTIL went from 24% to 20% (that should be a positive, maybe not enough to increase score, but def not something that would lower the score by 15 points!)

An account that was included in a bk in 04 fell off (it was unrated previously).  Even with account falling off, AAoA stayed at 4 years (went from 4.3 to 4.1).  No new inquiries, no new accounts. 

Sooooo...what caused the drop???  Do you think I was in a "person who had a bk with negative accounts bucket" and now I'm in a {"bucket as a person who only has a bk"???  Any ideas anyone?  TIA.

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Rebucketed with TU??? Lost 15 pts.

What changed on your negatives (on the left, on screen 2) between the two reports?

Can you copy/paste them here?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
kjm79
Valued Contributor

The recent report shows:

Understanding Your FICO® Score

695 (down from 710)

What’s hurting your FICO® score

1. You have a public record on your credit report.

Number of public records on your credit report1 Record
    Virtually no FICO High Achievers [?] have a public record listed on their credit report.

2. You've made heavy use of your available revolving credit.

Ratio of your revolving balances to your credit limits20%
    For FICO High Achievers [?], this ratio is 7%, on average.

3. You have a short credit history.

Your oldest account was opened10 Years ago Average age of your accounts4 years
    FICO High Achievers [?] opened their oldest account 19 years ago, on average.
    Most FICO High Achievers [?] have an average age of accounts between 6 and 12 years.
    What’s helping your FICO® score
  1. You have no missed payments on your credit accounts.

Number of your accounts with a missed payment0 accounts
    About 93% of FICO High Achievers [?] have no missed payments at all. But of those who do, the missed payment happened nearly 4 years ago, on average.

2. You've shown recent use of credit cards.

3.  The public record on your credit report happened a long time ago.

Your most recent public record occured6 Years, 8 Months ago
    Virtually no FICO High Achievers [?] have a public record listed on their credit report.

I only have a print out of the June 2011.  But the ONLY difference on the what's helping/hurting my score page is the UTIL went from 24% down to 20% and the most recent public record went from 6 years 7 months to 6 years 8 months as seen above.  So UTIL dropped, one month older bk record and one unrated negative account delete.  The helpful notation of "I have zero accounts with no missed payment" is on both reports.  The account that was deleted reported no lates, just a note that said IIB.  BUT it was unrated had no negative indicator flag so I don't know how much it really affected my prior score. 

Kind of stumped on this one. 

Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

* scratches head *

I confess that I'm stumped, too. I would think that something that resulted in a 15 point drop would be reflected in those first three negatives. Changing util doesn't affect score bucket assignment. Since you already have a public record showing, and it's still there, I don't see a change there.

I guess it's that one that fell off, but as you say, it didn't seem to be anything other than an echo of the BK.

Anyone else see anything??

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Exactly.  Because the only items that changed were more a positive than a negative (minimally lower UTIL, 1 extra month of time from PR) I just started thinking it was a mysterious bucketing issue since it dropped 15 pts with that last "baddie" coming off.  I knew I was in a public record "bucket" with the bk.  Thought maybe there was a "sub-bucket" for having a PR and "baddies" and I got bumped from that "sub-bucket" to just the PR bucket and that's where I stack up in that bucket.  Sooooo confused on this one!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.