Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebucketing?

tag
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rebucketing?

I have an account I opened as a teenager that's on my TU report, it makes my TU history 20 years old and puts me in a bad bucket. My AAoA of 6 years is too low for this bucket. This sounds crazy to say this......but.....I'll be kind of glad when it falls off my report and TU goes to a 13 year history like my other 2.

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 31 of 35
axxy
Regular Contributor

What if buckets and scorecards turn out to be a myth, started by programmers, as an excuse for bizarre behavior of buggy credit scoring software?

Message 32 of 35
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@axxy wrote:

What if buckets and scorecards turn out to be a myth, started by programmers, as an excuse for bizarre behavior of buggy credit scoring software?

I really doubt that since FICO themselves say there are buckets.  We just don't all of what they are or how they work.

Message 33 of 35
user5387
Valued Contributor

@axxy wrote:

Here's a thread that discusses the various buckets:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/FICO-Scoring-Buckets-or-quot-Scorecards-q...

I've read that FICO 08 has around 12-16 buckets.

The concept of bucketing makes a lot of sense, in that it might be difficult to compare the behavior of 19-year-olds with people who have had credit for 40 years.

Message 34 of 35
HiLine
Blogger

@notfancy wrote:

Hate to bump and aged thread, but this is a very helpful read! I'm glad Lexie referred to it in another post. I learned something and when I get home later, I'll have the time and desire to read all of this thoroughly!

Agreed.

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.