cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding Credit and Understanding Scores

tag
iamme1980

Rebuilding Credit and Understanding Scores

I am rebuilding my credit and pulled my credit report last week from myprotect Id:

It was TU: 642, EQ 639, and EX 638.  But, when I pulled it from myfico the score was $588.  Why such a drastric difference?  Felt like deflated baloon. 

Fico Score: 588
Tu:642
EQ: 639
EX: 639
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rebuilding Credit and Understanding Scores

Unfortunately there are FICO scores and then there are everyone else. We call these non-FICO scores FAKOs. Most of the services out there sell scores, but as you experienced they aren't FICO scores. These other scores have different score ranges than FICO and factor in stuff that FICO does not and vice-versa. No lenders use the scores offered by that service.

Message 2 of 3
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Re: Rebuilding Credit and Understanding Scores

I had a similar experience. I looked on CreditKarma and my scores were over 700. then I got my real TU score from walmart and it was 519. That was a bummer. The scores that really matter are real fico scores. You should figure out which real fico score you got also. You list it as if it is separate from the CRA whereas in fact that fico score you list is associated with one of the credit reporting agencies. Each one has a credit report for you which is unique and a corresponding FICO score which is unique.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.