Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received my Experian score from a lender

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Received my Experian score from a lender

rom828 wrote:

That's why I love this forum!!  I've learned so much and been so encouraged!   I hope I am sometimes of help to others so I'm not just a "taker" on this forum, but I tell you, I think this forum is teeming with some of the most generous people on the planet.....those willing to give answers, share experiences and not be judgemental in the process and I'm blessed to have them with me on this journey to "fiscal freedom".

marinevietvet wrote:

You're right about the expertise on these forums. I visit and participate in probably a dozen or more financial forums and have been helped at all of them. But none are as well run as this one. Kudos to all the moderators who have the difficult task of keeping order out of many divergent opinions and viewpoints. When it come to truly understanding the sometimes puzzle that is FICO this is the place to be.

(Psssst to the mods....... how did I sound? When can i expect my money?)  Smiley Very Happy

(myfico)
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

CC interest free as of 8/09
Time can heal all wounds and a low FICO.
"Hello my name is Sandy and I'm a recovering crediholic".

lol, look for 3 pts on your TU FICO score! Smiley Very Happy (I only wish.)

I feel that the most valuable members that we have on these forums are those who share their own experiences, don't criticize or post judgments on other members actions, support others in their efforts, and demonstrate by their own personal credit improvement the value of what they do.

You hit all four of these in my book!

edit: OK, so now I can't count, either.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-18-2009 06:39 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been under the impression that Experian fico scores are no longer valid. And if they give you a score it is an old one from past.

They were no longer with FICO as of Feb. 14, 2009

Message 12 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

misfitt wrote:

I have been under the impression that Experian fico scores are no longer valid. And if they give you a score it is an old one from past.

They were no longer with FICO as of Feb. 14, 2009

As of last February, it is impossible for any consumer to self-pull their own EX FICO score. However, lenders still use FICO scores for each of the 3 CRAs and you can get your EX FICO from your lender at application-time.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that info. I am not attempting to purchase anything at this time. I was just wondering what my score from experian would be before i purchased anything. Do you not think this is a violation of our rights? And what if there is errors on it? A lender will know first, then if the lender will let me have a copy of it is when i will find out?

On another note...you can go to creditKarma.com and get your transunion report for free, and it gets updates on your score and info each month, inwhich you will be able to view.

It doesn't fully let you access your report in depth but will give you your fico score and a general report card too.

They do not ask for a credit card either! Just wanted to pass this along.

Message 14 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

misfitt wrote:

Do you not think this is a violation of our rights? And what if there is errors on it? A lender will know first, then if the lender will let me have a copy of it is when i will find out?

No, I don't think it is a violation. It's business. Experian wants to make money too and they are trying to create their own little monopoly w/ their VantageScore or PLUS by limiting access to FICO. Scores come and go. I bet 20 yrs from now, FICO may be a fading memory and might be replaced by something better. Thankfully we all can access our EX reports and the data on it. That is mandated by law and will never change. We'll know of errors on our report before the lender does if we pull it. You can pull your EX report at anytime from many different sources w/out the cost of an inquiry. You just won't know your FICO score.

misfitt wrote:

On another note...you can go to creditKarma.com and get your transunion report for free, and it gets updates on your score and info each month, inwhich you will be able to view.

It doesn't fully let you access your report in depth but will give you your fico score and a general report card too.

They do not ask for a credit card either! Just wanted to pass this along.

CreditKarma, or CK, does not offer a FICO score. They offer a FAKO score. The scores are provided by TrueCredit and TrueCredit says on their website that they don't offer "the so-called FICO score". CK also hints within their Qwebsite  that they don't offer FICO scores. CK is OK in catching general changes to your report.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.