Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Late Payments

tag
tjmolly
Regular Contributor

Recent Late Payments

How many months does it take for the score to increase after a late payment.  I saw a detailed section of "number of months since last late payment" Does the score increase at 24 months, 30 months, 36 months?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Recent Late Payments

@tjmolly wrote:

How many months does it take for the score to increase after a late payment.  I saw a detailed section of "number of months since last late payment" Does the score increase at 24 months, 30 months, 36 months?

Depends on the severity and on the pattern (i.e. singleton or a bunch on a single tradeline or across multiple tradelines).

There's some historical data which suggests 30 day lates stop hurting 2 years out, and the worst the deliquency the longer the pain.  Payment history may not bucket though, there's been some folks with gold plated scores on FICO 8 with 90-120 day lates nearing the 7 year mark unlike tax liens where I've never seen anyone hit 760 yet with them on there.

I'd work at trying to get them off though on the premise they may well affect things for their full 7 year lifetime.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.