cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently removed negative marks from 3 years ago; delay with Transunion update?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently removed negative marks from 3 years ago; delay with Transunion update?

Hi all,

Just started getting into following and analyzing my credit score.

About 3 years ago (when I was younger and dumber), I missed a payment on my Kohl's Charge Account for 90 days. On May 1st, 2015 I wrote them a goodwill letter asking if they would remove the derogatory marks on my credit as I have been paying on time the past 3 years.

I *think* they removed the marks since my Experian and Equifax scores have changed:

May 1st, pre-letter (I didnt have myFico then):

Equifax (Citi - last pulled 4/21): 733

Experian (Amex - last pulled 4/01): 726

Transunion (Discover (5/05) and Barclay (5/13)): 731/723

All credit card Fico pages show Serious Delinquency

Checking on myFico today (citi and amex have not updated the Fico scores yet):

Equifax: 796

Experian: 774

No late payments in the myFico report

However, the Transunion scores from myFico still show as 723 (Discover and Barclay havent updated their scores yet) and still show late payments from 3 years ago. 

Should I be worried that Kohl's didn't remove the marks from TU or do you think TU will update with the removal of marks later on?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Recently removed negative marks from 3 years ago; delay with Transunion update?

Transunion is notoriously slow for a lot of people; lagging behind EQ and EX isn't uncommon.  I would guess it'll update later.

        
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recently removed negative marks from 3 years ago; delay with Transunion update?

@Revelate wrote:

Transunion is notoriously slow for a lot of people; lagging behind EQ and EX isn't uncommon.  I would guess it'll update later.

Thanks for your response Revelate. It seems that Barclay updated the TU score and it now shows 785! So it seems they were just lagging a few days behind

Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Thanks for your response Revelate. It seems that Barclay updated the TU score and it now shows 785! So it seems they were just lagging a few days behind

I dig those EX/TU data points on a 3 year old 90 day late (Citi is Bankcard, hard to pull a measurable comparison but I would be interested in knowing your next Citi score), that's a nice jump and may have done even well or even better on the older algorithms too.  I've been waiting years already for things to fall off my report, I'm hoping for a similar jump to 780+ when that happens.

Congrats!

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.