Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduce in Debt!!!

tag
SGTRECON39
Established Member

Reduce in Debt!!!

My debt was just reduced by 55k and my score didn't move not one inch. Shouldn't it at least go up some?????

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Reduce in Debt!!!

What was paid? 

Have your credit reports already updated to reflect this paid amt?

Which source are you using to guage your score?

Congrats on the debt paydown!

Message 2 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@SGTRECON39 wrote:

My debt was just reduced by 55k and my score didn't move not one inch. Shouldn't it at least go up some?????

Also was this revolving debt or installment debt ?    FICO generally doesn't go up when installment loans are paid.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 4
1gr8deal
Valued Member

Not sure about the OP however my revolving debt balances were reduced 20% and I received nothing for a score boost. The balances were updated on 2/05/2012. On 02/01/2012 before I paid down the balances I received a 3 point increase. Myfico score alert said

Your FICO score may have gone up because the following 4 factors are not hurting your FICO score as much as before:

• You have a public record or collection in addition to a serious delinquency on your credit report.
  • You have multiple accounts showing missed payments or derogatory descriptions.
  • You have a short credit history.
  • You've recently been looking for credit.

I filed BK7 discharged 3 years ago. No lates since BK filed. All the missed payments are from before the BK7.

Credit History is 10 years 6 months now  AAoA now 6 years (that went  up from 5 yrs 11months on the 1st)

It has been almost 12 months since I applied for a credit account (car loan)

So on the first of February I receive the above alert and score goes up 3 points.

Then I paid 22% of my revolving credit balances  and they are all reported between 02/03 and 02/05 but my score has not changed. 

I really expected an increase in the score.

Oh well, maybe next month.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.